Nixon Tate is a musician that we are proud of here in Stoke. We wanted him in the 10 questions chair and he said yes (he does have a single to promote).
1. What got you into playing music?
I was always singing and was massively into music from a young age, but when I saw the Gallagher’s in the 90s I thought.. ‘hmm reckon I can do that…’
2. Who was the first singer/band you saw live?
First proper gig was Oasis in 97 on the Be Here Now Tour, at what was the G-Mex in Manchester
3. What was the first record you bought?
The first one I used my own money to buy was Deep Deep Down by East 17.. I think I pinched a fake bull dog tattoo from my sisters Smash Hits Mag around the same time!
4. Who do you think is the best frontman/fromtwoman?
Nick Cave hands down.. it’s mad, he’s about the same age as my old man, but much much cooler, mesmerising.
5. Where was the first gig you played?
Sugarmill with my first band in the early 2000’s
6. What is the best lyric you have ever heard?
Off the top of my head.. Father John Misty from The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apartment…. It’s scathing:
She says, like literally
Music is the air she breathes
And the malaprops make me want to fucking scream
I wonder if she even knows what that word means
Well, it’s literally not that
7. Who’s in the Honey Club? Is it members only?
You have to pass a stringent vetting process, you only get to ‘know’ the Honey Club, when you’re lucky enough to be a member..
8. What song do you wish you had written?
Anything that’s sold enough copies to keep me in royalties for the foreseeable future
9. What venue would you like to perform?
I like small sweaty venues, the up close and personal type, where you can feel the bass rumble around your rib cage.. I don’t care where.
10. What band would you like to support?Looked like Dylan’s Rolling Thunder tour was interesting if nowt else.. I’d have gladly taken a slot on that
Find Nixon Tate online:
Pre Save code for new single: