Samantha Lloyd has a brilliant new song out TODAY called ‘Burning Light’. So we got her into the chair to answer 10 questions to find out more about this local singer/songwriter.
- What got you into playing the guitar? I started watching people play when I was at high school, I didn’t start learning a few years later but I wanted to be able to accompany myself without having to rely on someone else to play for me.
- Who was the first singer you saw live? S Club 7 I kid you not hahahaha. Then I went to see Donny Osmond and honestly he was wonderful even if i was only 8.
- What was the first record/CD you bought? Excluding all the CD’S my parents brought me, I brought Keane – Hopes & Fears
- Who do you think is the best all time woman singer? Whitney. Don’t even need her second name.
- Where was the first gig you played? First open mic Granvilles in Stone.
- What is the best lyric you have ever heard? Oh I can’t answer this one. There is too many. I love “I’d go hungry, I’d go black and blue, I’d go crawling down the avenue, no there’s nothing that I wouldn’t do, to make you feel my love” Looks like I did answer
- What else do you do besides music? Get naked. haha. I’m a life model too.
- What song do you wish you had written? ‘Starving’ – Hailee Seinfeld
- What venue would you like to perform at? o2 academy Birmingham.
- What singer would you like to support? Taylor Swift or John Mayer. OR BOTH ONE AFTER ANOTHER.
Get checking Samantha out if you haven’t already:
Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/artist/7jiTXuIVftVHYc07QGEBDH
Other music Platforms – https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/samanthalloyd/burning-light
Facebook – www.facebook.com/samanthalloydmusic
Website – www.samanthalloydmusic.com