The award winning Staffordshire festival STAFFS FEST under the umbrella of local business LR Partnership Events announces its postponement until 2021. The self funding festival which in its fourth year was due to take place during the Spring Bank Holiday, with four separate stages under huge marquees within the arena area at Lower Drayton Farm off Junction 13 on the M6. The festival promised to be bigger and better than ever, the family orientated festival covers a multitude of genres of music from Rock, Britpop, Reggae, Glam Rock, 2 Tone, Pop, Folk, World Music, Blues and Soul covering many tastes in music .
The festival grows year upon year and this year the organisers introduced a Back to School Disconight, open mic night, jam session, Northern Soul all dayer and an Introducing Stage sponsored by Erndor50 Promotions, a World Music Marquee with plenty of activities for the festival kids during the day and activities for adults including yoga and drum workshops. The Beats and Feats stage Musical Youth and Beat Goes Bang due to perform with a host of 2 Tone and reggae bands plus rock and gospel choirs.
The heats for the Star in Staffs competition had to be cancelled last month which showcases up and coming musicians under the age of 18 in conjunction with Slaters Stafford and Tower Studios in Stone, the final was due to take place at the festival on the Saturday morning on the main stage.
Festival Director Lorraine Conkey said: “It is with much regret, sadness and a few tears that I have to announce that the 4th STAFFS FEST will no longer be taking place this year and will be postponed until 2021, Friday 28th to 30th May Spring Bank Holiday
We hoped that the situation with the Coronavirus would have improved enough by the end of May obviously it’s evident that we cannot continue with the event this year. It was the one decision I hoped we wouldn’t have to make and we’d all be ‘back to normal’ by now but of course we are no at that stage yet. The safety and wellbeing of our visitors, exhibitors, traders and staff is always our primary concern and we thought rather than postpone until later in the year we would defer for the 12 months.”